Accurate measurement of water and energy flow in piping systems is important for billing purposes, in district heating supply systems and in many different industrial processes. The Flow Laboratory at Danish Technological Institute offers testing and calibration of flow and energy meters as well as fluid related technical measurements for valves, regulators and pumps. We are able to calibrate dimensions up to 400 mm with a flow capacity up to 500 m3/h and at water temperatures ranging from 4 °C to 85 °C.
For many years we have offered consultancy services concerning correct flow and energy measurements to producers of measuring equipment, district heating plants and calibration laboratories.
The flow laboratory is appointed National Primary Laboratory for Water Flow (volume, mass and energy flow). And as a National Metrology Laboratory we participate in intercomparison with other European NMI’s at the highest international level.
The laboratory is accredited by The Danish Accreditation Service (DANAK) – see www.DANAK.dk, Reg. 200 for detailed specifications of the calibration services and uncertainties.
We also do calibration and tests in the micro flow range and is accredited to 1 mL/h. You can read about the Microflow Laboratory here.
We offer calibration of instruments for water flow and energy flow
- Magnetic inductive meters
- Vortex meters
- Turbine meters
- Impeller water meters
- Voltmann meters
- Displacement meters
- Ultrasound meters
- Mass flow meters
- Venturi meters
Accredited calibration on-site of flow meters DN100 to DN1000 with Laser Doppler Velocimetry (LDV) in the range 0.25 - 17.000 m3/h with ±0.9 % uncertainty.
- Heat meters ranging up 500 m3/h at water temperatures ranging from 4 °C to 85 °C. Liquid baths for temperature difference.
- Furthermore, we offer measurement of pressure loss and capacity of valves, water plugs and other equipment.
- Pilot laboratory in large BCR intercomparison for water flow with participation of laboratories from 11 countries including PTB (De), NEL (UK) and SP (Se)
- Coordinator for the Danish national flow intercomparison schemes
- Participant in several international projects and intercomparisons i.e.:
EUROMET 862: Intercomparison on water/heat meters at 50 °C for 50 mm pipe
EUROMET 573: Intercomparison of small water flow facilities
EUROMET.M.FF-K1: Intercomparison of water flow: 30 - 300 m3/h
- Participant in national and international standardisation Groups.