Demonstration of hybrid cooling in industry and server room
Start date January 1st 2007. Ended June 6th 2012 (extended).
Purpose of project
The purpose of the project is to develop and demonstrate hybrid cooling in industry and server room. Calculations have shown that the saving potential is approximately 50% a year in comparison to traditional systems using about 115GWh/year. The project is a continuation of the PSO project from 2006; "Hybrid cooling in industy and serverroom" (project no. 338-013).
Hybrid cooling is a term that covers technology, where the cooling system uses both operation via compresser and via freecooling of the refrigerant. When the outside temperatures are sufficiently low in comparison to the wished condensing temperature, the primary circle will be cooled direktly in the condensator.
The project is divided into 3 phases:
- Construction and testing of field test hybrid coolingsystem with thermal pump.
- Collection of results from the field test and correction of model of calculation.
- Project management, dissemination and commercialisation.
- Danish Technological Institute
- Birton A/S
- Flex Coil A/S
- Technical University of Denmark
The project is supported by ELFORSK.