Tools for VMware Certified Professional (vSphere5) Collection
One of the biggest developments in IT infrastructure management is the emergence of server virtualization. Virtualization is well suited for most business applications and is widely in use for all but the most demanding workloads. Virtualization brings many economic advantages. It allows an organization to run multiple operating systems, called virtual machines, simultaneously on a single physical machine. The ability to consolidate multiple machines allows the IT department to reduce its hardware and software costs, as well as significantly reducing its operational costs. Virtualization isn't limited to simply creating virtual machines.
Anyone wishing to learn the fundamental features, functions, and capabilities of the VMware vSphere product suite collection of products in order to provide a full array of enterprise virtualization functionality; systems engineers, system administrators, vSphere operators and support personnel, and ESXi operators and support personnel. A good understanding of system administration on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 or Microsoft Server 2008 operating systems experience would be of benefit. Experience equivalent to or greater than CompTIA Network+ and with Linux Server operating systems is strongly recommended.
- Identify the characteristics of vSphere computer virtualization
- Recognize the benefits of virtual network infrastructure
- Identify vCenter Server system requirements
- Describe a vCenter Server installation
- Recognize how you can customize vSphere Client
- Recognize how to configure ESXi via the DCUI
- Identify the characteristics of roles in vCenter Server
- Schedule tasks and view events in vCenter Server
- Use the vSphere Web Client to install VMware tools a virtual machine
- Recognize vSphere hardware compatibility options
- Differentiate between using VMFS datastores and Raw Device Mapping
- Add an iSCSI storage adaptor to a host in vSphere
- Identify key drivers of vSphere HA
- Describe vMA configuration and installation process
- Secure ESXi hosts in a given scenario
- Identify characteristics of VCSA
- Identify the options for carrying out an interactive upgrade to ESXi 5
Virtualization isn't limited to simply creating virtual machines. Other infrastructure components, such as networking and storage, can also be virtualized, hiding the complexities of the underlying networking and storage components from the virtual machines. Once virtualized, the physical resources such as processor power, network switches and SAN resources can be aggregated and combined together for use by virtual machines, resulting in better utilization of physical resources, load balancing, and fault tolerance/redundancy. vSphere 5 is a virtualization software suite that can create virtual counterparts which correspond to, or replace, the physical components of a datacenter.
VMware Certified Professional (vSphere5) Collection provides access to several courses designed by experienced subject matter experts and course designers. For informal learning and performance support, the collection includes materials and books from leading publishers and access to videos. For those employees who are working on certifications, this collection provides a wide array of certification test preparation support including test preps and access to a highly credentialed team of mentors.
Here are a the many topics covered in the collection:
- Introduction to Virtualization
- vCenter Server Installation
- vSphere Client and vCenter Server Configuration
- VESXi Installation and Configuration
- vCenter Server Inventory
- vCenter Server Administration
- vCenter Server Management
- Creating Virtual Machines
- Configuring and Managing Virtual Machines
- An Overview of Virtual Network Creation
- Configuring and Managing Virtual Networks
- Introduction to vSphere Storage Concepts
- Storage Configuration and Management
- VSphere Clustering
- High Availability and Fault Tolerance
- Processor and Resource Management
- DRS, Resource Pools, and vApps
- Logging and Performance
- vSphere Security
- Securing Hosts, Internal Components, Certificate Use
- Host Profiles, Update Manager, and Auto Deploy
- vCenter Server Appliance Deployments and Upgrades
- Upgrading Hosts and Virtual Machines
The course collection consists of 23 courses, and each course has a duration of about one hour. This means you can complete the entire collection in about 23 hours.
Features / How does it work?
When you sign up for a of courses, you will get access to a relevant selection of courses for the next 365 days. Each course is divided into several modules. From the summary menu you can choose the order in which you wish to go through the modules. The contents are explained through sound, pictures and text – and some modules contain short videos with scenarios and case studies. Each course gives you the opportunity to test your comprehension of the subject with tests before, during and after completing the course. To take the online courses you will need a computer or tablet with sound device and internet access. You choose when you want to take a course, and you can pause it during a session – bookmarks will keep track of how far you have progressed.
Read more about our online courses and find the answers to your questions (FAQ)
Were you looking for another online course?
We offer more than 7,000 different online courses on a large variety of topics. Contact us by phone (+45 72203000) or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will find a way to meet your needs.
You can also browse through our selected online courses.
Buy online courses for a group of people
If your department, your entire company or just a couple of people require access to online courses, please contact us for an offer by phone +45 72203000 or email@example.com
Do you have any questions please contact
- Charlotte Heimann
- +45 72203147