The Danish Technological Institute (DTI) develops, applies and transfers technology to industry and society. DTI’s main activities in robotics are located in Odense in the Centre for Robot Technology (DTI-RT), where we are actively involved in many robotics projects in primarily manufacturing, service, welfare and agricultural robotics. Our focus is innovation - applying new research results and robot technologies to create the robot solutions in the markets of tomorrow. DTI-RT is a leading European robotics innovator with a staff of more than 85 robotic experts, with more than 16.000 users visiting every year as well as more than 125 robotic projects in the portfolio. We provide individual consultancy, actual working industrial solutions, courses for both blue- and white-collar workers covering various aspects of robotics, and networking opportunities, as well as performing applied research and development.
Our focus is always on creating positive impact for end-users of robotic technologies as well as being the first mover on developing and deploying new breakthrough solutions into the market. Our motto is: “Robotic-innovations that change your world!“
Robot technology is a growth driver with exponential progression and is therefore of high relevance to a broad range of branches and application domains. DTI is committed to create positive impact in as many branches as possible.
Our products and services delivered to companies, public organizations and others cover:
- Robotic Solutions. End-user centered design and set up of business cases, development of robotic systems as well as competences and organizational capabilities at end-user sites, deployment of robotic solutions.
- Test & Documentation. Performance measures on robotic systems in real end-user environments or in realistic lab set ups, analysis of these results and statistical analysis, good documentation, and dissemination of test results where appropriate.
- Training & Education. Tools, methods and theories transferred to end-users, system integrators, technology specialists, key stakeholders in robotic industries and users hereof with a focus on practical built up of skills.
- Consultancy. Identify robotics application potentials in current practices, resolve and troubleshoot malfunctioning robotic solutions, comparative studies of technologies and application specifics, general advice about robotics.
- Networking & Events. Workshops, conferences, exhibitions, study tours, and awards centered around robotics in different branches with a focus on personal relations, initiation of collaborations, and sharing know-how.
- Advanced Pilot Production. Development and manufacturing of robotic solutions or components with advanced high-tech features, establishment of advanced robot-based manufacturing.
- Research, Development & Innovation Programs. Breakthrough innovations based on strategic and advanced product design, consortia establishment, iterative cycle-based work plans, budgets, fundraising, proposal writing, contracting.
Expertise in technological domains covers at least:
- Modelling, simulation and programming of (robot)motions
- Mechanics, electronics and construction
- Sensors, signal processing and sensor fusion
- Modern Artificial Intelligence
- Human-Robot Interaction.
DTI is a networking organization that teams up with companies, public organizations, research institutes, branch representatives and other key stakeholders in order to join forces and maximize the positive robotics impact on end-users. More than 2.500 collaborating partners from Denmark and globally are included in the network and we have established a close and strategic relationship with the local University of Southern Denmark.