How do you measure success in projects?
Traditional methods does not measure the success of projects in terms of delivery of value to the business, but from a focus on time and cost. That is why so many projects, which are delivered on time and cost does not deliver the expected benefits and thus the expected business value, and the same goes for all the projects that are delivered late or over budget.
The TOP Value Equation method is a best practice method, which delivers a complete and easily approachable set of processes and tools, which together ensures that the business value becomes visible and measurable. This makes you able to follow up on the actual business value that the project produces to the company, and the probability of the project producing what the company actually needs is therefore increased.
The method is an efficient and valuable supplement to the existing project-, portfolio- and programme management frameworks and methods such as PMP, PRINCE2, MSP, IPMA, Agile, P3O etc.
Get insight into how to:
- develop a better and more simple business case which contains far more business value
- secure the focus on the business goals in the management of your project
- make the business better understand, engage and take ownership of the projects
- optimize the business value to be delivered by the projects
- simplify the benefits realization of the projects
- execute a more precise follow up through clearly defined project- and business goals
- apply the techniques of the method to identify all change activities
- tie the change activities directly to the desired goals and benefits
- use the tools of the method to analyze proposed changes to project scope and uncover and
- define the consequences to the goals, benefits and business value
The course varies between going through the theory, processes and tools and applying these during dialog and exercises for each module:
- Thorough introduction to the method, processes and tools
- Module 1: Define the desired business related results
- Module 2: How to make an Outcome Dependency Roadmap and a Roadmap Narrative
- Module 3: How to identify and maximize benefits with TOP Benefits Funnel
- Module 4: How to quantify the value of the financial benefits
- Module 5: How to identify the required change activities
- Module 6: Summary and preparations for the certification
This course will be of great value to all who are involved in projects - from the management team to finance and Project Portfolio Management, Product Management, Steering Committee members, project- and programme managers, Project Office, etc.
The course is a 3 day, intensive course, which varies between teaching, discussion and practical exercises. The course participant must count on 4 hours of pre-course preparations and 1 to 2 hours of homework per day during the course.
Both the teaching and the materials for this course are in English.
Do you have any course related questions, please contact
- Signe Hyldgard Heskia
- +45 72203064