The acoustic measurement facilities include up to date measurement equipment for determining the sound power emission of small/medium and large appliances.
Our main focus is on sound from heating/cooling/air-condition systems, ventilation components, fans and household equipment. Besides this a diverse range of other noisy equipment is tested as well for documentation as for noise reduction consultancy.
A large reverberation room (volume 221 m3) is used for general sound power measurements.
Two dual purpose rooms are used for sound power and cooling/heating efficiency measurements, mainly for heating/cooling appliances: http://www.dti.dk/labs/heat-pump-laboratory/unique-testing-of-sound-power-level/37239,2
A portable system for sound intensity and pressure measurements in lab and on site are used for accredited test as well as consultancy purposes.
Our acoustical laboratory is accredited by both ILAC, the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation, and DANAK, the Danish Accreditation and Metrology Fund, (ISO/IEC 17025) to carry out tests according to internationally recognized accreditation standards.
Measurements of sound from air handling units are also carried out in compliance with ECC (former EUROVENT) and ECODesign requirements.
Our experts and specialists have built up an extensive expertise on technologies, standards, market conditions and potentials for noise reduced equipment.
We offer consultancy and various types of testing including:
Accredited testing according to
- DS/EN 3741 “Acoustics – Determination of sound power levels and sound energy levels using sound pressure – Precision methods for reverberations test rooms”
- DS/EN 3743-1 “Acoustics - Determination of sound power levels and sound energy levels using sound pressure – Engineering methods for small movable sources in reverberant fields. Par 1: Comparison method for a hard-walled test room”
- EN/ISO 9614-2:1997 “Acoustics – Determination of sound power levels of noise sources using sound intensity. Part 2: Measurement by scanning”
- DS EN/ISO 3747:2011 “Acoustics – Determination of sound power levels and sound energy levels of noise sources using sound pressure – Engineering / survey methods for use in situ in a reverberant environment.”
- DS/EN 12101:2013 “Air conditioners, liquid chilling packages, heat pumps and dehumidifiers with electrically driven compressors for space heating and cooling – Measurement of airborne noise – Determination of the sound power level”
- DS/EN ISO 5135:1999 “Acoustics – Determination of sound power levels and sound energy levels of noise from air-terminal devices, air-terminal units, dampers and valves by measurement in a reverberations room.”
- DS/EN 60704 – “Household and similar electrical appliances – Test code for the determination of airborne acoustical noise – “
- Part 2-3: Particular requirements for dishwashers.
- Part 2-4: Particular requirements for washing machines and spin extractors.
- Part 2-6: Particular requirements for tumble dryers.
- Part 2-13: Particular requirements for range hoods.
- Part 2-14: Particular requirements for refrigerators, frozen food storage cabinets and food freezers.
Consultancy, research and design
- Consultancy on the development of acoustical optimized design and new technology
- Measurements and consultancy regarding sound from shared technical installations in domestic buildings (heating, air-condition, pumps, fans…)
- R&D project cooperation and partnership
HEAT PUMP Laboratory:
Energy Efficiency Laboratory: