The project is completed.
Project start 01.10.2008. Expected completion date 01.02.2010.
Øresund Logistics, a network which brings together the Øresund Region’s businesses, knowledge centres and universities in the logistics field, has been granted a network project which Danish Technological Institute, RFID Test and Knowledge Centre are part of and participate in as project leader for one of the sub-projects.
The project is part of Vækstforum, Hovedstadens udviklingsarbejde. (Growth Forum, The Capital’s Development Project)
The project’s aim is to strengthen the Capital Region’s trade, logistics and transport cluster in relation to Northern Europe and the Baltic region by improving the framework conditions for innovation and competition, including creating access to knowledge and new technologies.
To achieve this aim, the project will establish specialised networks with stakeholders from business government, universities and knowledge institutions, who will collaborate to develop a plan of action with activities and projects in the areas of infrastructure, logistics, ICT and legal matters. The plan includes establishing “open” consortiums and identifying sources of funding so that ideas can be turned into successful activities and projects.
- The Danish Technological Institute
- Vækstforum Hovedstaden (A part of the The Capital Region of Denmark)
- European Regional Development Fund
The project is divided into 3 main activities:
1) A summary of existing knowledge about the cluster’s strengths, weaknesses and threats from competing clusters in Northern Europe and the Baltic region.
2) Establishing specialised networks to develop activities and projects that can improve the cluster’s framework conditions
3) To develop and promote a plan of action which prioritises the project and activity suggestions, establishes open consortiums and identifies sources of funding
The four specialised networks are:
- N1 – Network for infrastructural and structural challenges and possibilities
- N2 - Network for logistical challenges and possibilities
- N3 - Network for technological and information technological challenges and possibilities
- N4 - Network for legal challenges and possibilities
The Danish Technological Institute is responsible for N3 – The Network for Technological and Information Technological challenges and possibilities.