Storage of Hydrogen, Production of Hydrogen. The project is completed.
Project start November 2005. Expected completion September 2009.
The Danish Technological Institute is helping to ensure that Denmark is one of the leading countries when it comes to research into renewable energy based on hydrogen.
One new hydrogen project among many others currently being developed by the Institute is a reactor that can make pure hydrogen out of ammonia from so-called hydrogen tablets.
The reactor is designed to be used in noise and pollution free power generators, or built into the new hydrogen-powered cars.
So far, a laboratory reactor has been developed which can produce enough hydrogen for a 1 kW fuel cell. The reactor is so efficient that only 7%.of the energy is lost.
- Develop suitable catalysts for production of hydrogen from ammonia.
- Develop a compact reformer for fuel cells with high efficiency
- Demonstrate concept consisting of hydrogen store (in the form of methalamine salt), hydrogen reformer and fuel cell.
- Danish Agency for Science Technology and Innovation
- Technical University of Denmark
- Amminex A/S
- Grundfos A/S
- IRD Fuel Cells A/S
- B. Rustfrit Stål A/S
Do you want to know more?