The Danish Technological Institute is accredited by the national accreditation body in Denmark (DANAK) to investigate and identify unknown material by SEM-EDX and FT-IR. Our analysis services have a quality that is typically approved by the FDA in auditing of production companies.
Analysis of foreign matter
Do you need to analyze and identfy and unknown material? Or do you have a suspicion that a material you have received isn't according to specification? The need to identify and characterize materials can often arise when discovering contaminants in a production line, or when a batch of material from a supplier doesn't live up to your expectations.
Whether you have a ton of steel plates or micrometer sized particles, our specialists and analytical laboratories are available to characterize and identify your material.
How can we assist you?
We document physicochemical material properties of you your samples, for example different characteristics in structural morphology and chemical properties. We can identify materials and contaminants, eg. polymers, rubbers, oils, metals and metal alloys.
Example - identification of elements and chemistry in a material
The collage below shows an example from our laboratories, where individual particles in a sample have been analysed for elemental content. The sample has been analysed in one of our scanning electron micorscopes (SEM-EDX), where an X-ray analysis from a particle in this case is shown to contain geranium, silica, fluor, carbon and oxygen.
Our instruments for analysis and identification of material
- Three scanning electron microscopes (SEM-EDX, FIB-SEM) from Zeiss. All SEM microscopes are equipped with facilities for X-ray analysis (X-ray spectroscopy) from Oxford Instruments.
- Infrared spectroscopy (FT-IR)
- X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS)
- X-ray microtomography for 3D materials analysis (µCT / microCT)
- X-ray powder diffraction for analysis of crystalline materials (PXRD)
- Time-of-flight secondary ion mass spectrometry (TOF-SIMS)
- Gas chromatography combined with mass spectrometry (GC-MS)
- Refractive index measurement (GRIM3)
Short delivery time
We can offer short delivery times for identification of foreign materials and contaminants. We can often deliver results the same day we receive your sample.
If you are in need to analyze a material, please reach out to Pia Wahlberg through the contact form, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at +45 7220 3301.