Danish Technological Institute’s department Certification & Inspection is an independent accredited inspection body in Denmark (Notified Body - ExNB) for non-electrical material (Notified Body nr. 0396) and is authorised to issue ATEX certificates on material/equipment to be used in potentially explosive atmospheres (Ex atmospheres).
The below ATEX certificates are to be issued by an Danish Techological Institute for ATEX:
- EU Type Examination Certificate – in conformity with Appendix III
- EU Unit Verification Certificate – in conformity with Appendix IX
- EU Component Certificate (U) (requires recertification prior to installation)
- Productions Quality Assurance Notification – PQAN in conformity with Appendix IV or VII.
See further certification procedure, ATEX guideline, §8.
The certification – type testing - is carried out in conformity with the requirements in Directive 2014/34/EU Appendix III. Documentation to be submitted for assessing the product’s compliance with the requirements:
- Manufacturer’s name and address and information about production sites
- Description of type and model key, if any
- ATEX product marking
- Construction and manufacturing drawings and outlines of components, sub-assemblies, circuits etc. with necessary explanatory descriptions
- List of standards which have been wholly or partly applied
- Risk assessment with description of measures taken to meet the requirements
- Test reports
- Declaration of conformity
When is certification required from the Notified body/Authorised body?
Read more about the ATEX directive