This 1-day course will strengthen the participants’ knowledge on hydrogen sulphide (H2S) and their ability to identify root causes of H2S and the best mitigation strategy. The course will address:
- General introduction to H2S formation
- In-depth lecture on sulphur chemistry, H2S and HSE
- Introduction to industries where H2S can be found in significant concentrations and the resulting challenges, such as:
- Offshore windmill foundations
- Wastewater treatment facilities
- Drinking water supply systems
- Biogas production
- Oil and gas production
- Material and corrosion mechanisms caused by H2S
- How H2S is measured – principles and best practice in different concentration regimes
- Mitigation strategies including sulphur removal, biocides, and coatings
Participants: Production chemists, corrosion engineers, specialists and managers dealing with H2S challenges in their production systems. Non-chemists will be able to follow the course.
Instructor: Uffe Sognstrup Thomsen (M. Sc., Ph.D., microbiology and corrosion), and leading specialists from Life Science at Danish Technological Institute.
Duration: 1-day course
Next course: 12 June 2018 at Danish Technological Institute, Kongsvang Allé 29, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Deadline for registration: 20 May 2018
Registration: Please enter your contact details in the form on the right-hand side. Then we will send you the relevant information.
Course fee: The course fee is 6000 DKK / 800 Euro for one participant. The fee is excl. of Danish VAT.
Groups of three or more participants from the same company qualify for a 10% discount off each registration. The course fee includes: sessions/workshops, practical demonstrations, course material and diploma. Furthermore, all meals during the course (morning tea/coffee, lunch buffet and afternoon tea/coffee and cake) are included in the fee.
Conditions: Acceptance will be confirmed by e-mail after receipt of registration form. Invoice payment terms are 30 days from date of invoice or at least 3 days before the start of the course, whichever is sooner. Cancellations made later than two weeks before the course starts will be charged 50% of the course fee. Cancellations after deadline for registration will be charged full course fee.
Payment: Either by bank transfer or via credit card.
Danske Bank A/S
Holmens Kanal 2 – 12
1092 Copenhagen K
Transferring in DKK, please use:
Account no.: 3329 111261
Sort code: 3100
Swift code: DABADKKK
IBAN no: DK1230003329111261
Credit card: Payment of invoice with credit card is possible.