In the years to come, the welfare state as we know it will face substantial challenges. On the one hand, public spending dedicated to addressing social challenges will be cut at national and local levels, and, on the other hand, the social challenges, such as unemployment, social isolation, global warming and integration, will keep growing.
We work nationally and internationally for governments, ministries, municipalities and other stakeholders on creating the right frameworks for new solutions to flourish - not through new, expensive public initiatives but through partnerships between actors across the public, private and civil sectors. An underlying assumption in our work is that there are many untapped resources in society – physical, financial and human – that are wasted every day. We work to connect these resources with uncovered needs in society and thus create new and sustainable solutions for the welfare society of the future.
How can Danish Technological Institute help you?
- Analyse the potential for social innovation (e.g. social value, financial value)
- Map existing actors, initiatives and resources that can potentially be connected through social innovation
- Develop measuring instruments and indicators for social innovation
- Make recommendations for policy formulation in the area of social innovation
- Contribute to formulation of social innovation strategies
- Assist in developing environments in which social innovation can grow and thrive
- Facilitate networking
- Perform evaluations
- Hold courses, seminars and give lectures.