CFD and FEM calculations
Experimental calculations have so far been the only way of obtaining knowledge about flow, temperature and pressure fields. However, the measurements are often physically limited and a full picture of the flow pattern or temperature profile is difficult, if not impossible, to attain. With computer modelling it is possible to gain knowledge about a number of parameters including temperature, pressure, speed etc., in even the most inaccessible areas.
Computer modelling also makes it possible to carry out a comprehensive parameter study and simulate testing of innumerable different matters concerning media, temperatures, pressure and materials. The results give important information about the optimizing of constructions or the optimizing of conditions during the process.
How can the Danish Technological Institute help you?
- Development and Optimizing of Products
- Optimizing of Flow Conditions in a Number of Problem Areas including:
- Open cooling shelves
- Heat exchangers
- Hot spot cooling of e.g. electronics
- Evaluation of Quick-Freezing Times and Balancing Temperatures for Food Items
- Analysis and Evaluation of Earth Tube Installations
CFD presentation (8.9 MB)
Booklet– Simulating earth tube installations (1.2 MB)
Booklet - Simulating quick-freezing of food items (1.2 MB)
Booklet - Simulating drying processes (417 KB)