If you want to reduce the time and energy required for drying and firing of brick or other ceramic products, microwaves may be your best option. At the Danish Technological Institute, we have the facilities to test how much your company has to gain by shifting technology.
When firing ceramics with conventional methods, the surface of the product heats readily whereas the interior relies on slow heat conduction. This results in low heating rate and long production time to obtain an evenly fired product.
Using the Microwave-Assisted Gas Firing tecnology (MAGF), simultaneous heating of the entire load ensures even heating at a much faster heating rate. For most products, this means shorter production time and significant energy savings.
Benefits of the MAGF technology:
- Reduce firing time by up to 60%
- Reduce energy consumption by up to 40%
- Conversion to sustainable energy sources
- Reduce CO2 emissions by up to 60%
- Improved product quality and reduced breakage due to lower temperature gradient
The technology may be used for firing, drying, sintering and melting.
How can we help you at Danish Technological Institute
We have the facilities to test fire your product using the MAGF-technology and assess energy savings and quality compared to conventional firing.
- We can test if your product absorbs microwave energy
- We can optimize production time, energy savings and product quality using your firing cycle as baseline
- We offer test firing at up to 1200 °C
- We accept products of up to 75 cm x 75 cm x 75 cm
- We offer a series of standardised tests to document product quality