Besides looking nice a tap must also work efficiently and meet the requirements for drinking water components.
If a tap is put on the European marked, the following conditions must be documented:
- The tap must not contain hazardous substances that can be released to the drinking water – “Godkendt til drikkevand” (approved for drinking water)
- The tap must meet the standardized requirements ensuring a satisfactory service life with regard to wear and ageing.
- The tap must meet the national requirements with regard to flow and loss of pressure.
- The acoustic characteristics of the tap must be documented and meet the requirements of the specific countries and regions.
- It may also be required that the tap is equipped with a water saving device and meet the Eco-design requirements or other sustainability requirements.
How can Danish Technological Institute help you?
- We have knowledge of the requirements in various countries.
- We carry out mechanical endurance testing of the operating unit, the swivel nozzle, the diverter, etc.
- We carry out leaktightness testing at various pressures.
- We measure the flow capacity of the tap.
- We measure the acoustic characteristics of the tap.
- We carry out testing for migration of heavy metals, etc., and we carry out corrosion testing.
- Our test results are recognised internationally.