A meat company’s bottom line is heavily dependent on its ability to utilize its capacity 100%, meaning equipment and operators. Productivity improvement is production of higher value with fixed or lower costs.
According to DMRI's experience, the potential for improvements in productivity is up to 10% of the total cost per kg produced.
The productivity boost implies increasing the amount of kg and/or units produced with the lowest number of operators possible – and utilizing each production hour to the fullest.
- Increased speed and through-put at fixed cost
- Increased line speed or productivity based on the salary system and rewards
- Fewer employees to do the same task
- Balancing and staffing of lines
- Organizing, planning, KPI (Key Performance Indicator) and communication