VAT training for resident and non-resident companies
Participate in this VAT training course for staff of accounting, tax, finance and logistics departments of resident and non-resident companies, whose day-to-day tasks involve the VAT treatment of goods/services purchased/sold from/in Denmark/abroad and who would therefore benefit from an in-depth review of the relevant VAT rules.
The course will detail the general rules of VAT recovery with a particular emphasis on the special rules applied to certain types of expenses, including entertainment and employee benefits in kind. Moreover, the course will outline foreign VAT refund options. The course will also focus on special reporting obligations relating to purchases from abroad and will provide an overview of the rules applying to re-invoicing of expenses and potential problems with respect to out-of-pocket expenses.
The course will also detail the general rules for charging or not charging 25% Danish VAT, including place of supply rules, zero rates and exemptions. Moreover, the course will outline how to determine the date when VAT is due to the Danish Tax Agency. The course will also focus on special reporting obligations relating to cross-border chain supplies of goods and will provide an overview of the rules on invoicing and compliance.
Combined with content covering the VAT treatment of international trade, this course will provide a complete overview of the variety of issues companies may experience in different purchase and sales scenarios, including with respect to cross-border transactions and place of supply rules.
The training is designed for bookkeepers, tax experts, financial controllers and staff within resident and non-resident companies, whose day-to-day tasks involve VAT accounting in relation to goods/services purchased/sold from/in Denmark/abroad.
The training will be delivered in English.
- Place of supply for goods
- Place of supply for goods
- Taxation vs. zero rate vs. exemption
- The party liable to pay VAT
- VAT chargeability
- VAT taxable base
- VAT recovery
- Deep insight into the VAT rules for goods and services purchased from Denmark and abroad
- Knowledge about whether different purchase invoices should be issued with or without VAT
- Understanding of the general VAT recovery requirements
- Knowledge about expenses subject to limited/non-deductibility
- Insight into the rules applied to re-invoicing of expenses, including out-of-pocket expenses and information on VAT refund options abroad
- Deep insight into the VAT rules for goods and services supplied in Denmark and abroad and knowledge about whether different sale invoices should be issued with or without VAT
- Understanding of the taxation, zero rate and exemption regimes amd knowledge about VAT chargeability rules
- Insight into invoicing rules and information on compliance requirements
Do you have any questions please contact
- Linda Gertz
- +45 72203222