Project - Adapting to future requirements of refrigeration appliances
Adapting to future requirements of refrigeration appliances
Start date January 1st 2011. Ended August 31th 2013.
Purpose of project
The purpose of the project is to adapt the danish production of professional refrigeration furniture to future requirements within the field, in order to ensure that the products stay among the most energy efficient and environmentally friendly products. Furthermore, the purpose is to ensure that the refrigeration furniture can live up to the future eco-design requirements, and thus guarantee that the danish products will be placed in the best energy class within the labelling system, which will be implemented in EU.
The products of the project are:
A) To enable the danish manufacturers to adapt to the new ecodesign-requirements for professional refrigeration furniture and the expected coming labelling system in order to become and remain "Best in Class".
B) Ensure development of a new generation of professional kitchen refrigerators and freezers, that are "Best in Class". This new generation is expected to be manufactured and marketed by Gram Commercial A/S.
C) Ensure development of a new generation of professional bottle coolers and wine coolers, that are "Best in Class". This new generation is expected to be manufactured and marketing by Vestfrost Solutions A/S.
The project is divided into two courses:
- A general course, including all participants, which on a general level is to prepare danish manufacturers to the future requirements. In this course new technology is also presented in order to ensure that the participating companies can develop energy efficient devices. In the general course knowlegde sharing between the participating companies is in focus.
- A specific course where the seperate manufacturers develop an optimised product, that meets the requirements of being 'best in class'. The developed products are to be tested using a relevant standard (EN ISO 23953), and testreports will be produced for the participants to use when marketing their products and it will enable the companies to include energy efficiency as a factor in order to increase their competitive performance on the market. In the specific course a new generation of kommercial kitchen refridgerators and freezers will be developed and demonstrated in cooperation with Gram Commercial A/S. Additionally, a new generation of bottlecoolers and winecoolers wil be developed and demonstration as a collaboration with Vestfrost Solutions A/S.
- Teknologisk Institut - Per Henrik Pedersen (projektleder)
- Gram Commercial A/S - Finn Jensen
- Vestfrost Solutions A/S - Lars Gorzelak
- Danfoss - Claus Thybo
The project was funded by EUDP