Project - IEA HPP Anx 44 Performance Indicators for energy efficient supermarket buildings
IEA HPP Anx 44 Performance Indicators for energy efficient supermarket buildings
Start date August 3rd 2015. Ended in January 2017.
Purpose of project
The purpose of the project is to create key performance indicators for energy efficient supermarket buildings based on measurements and monitored data and to make the created knowledge and the key performance indicators available for decision making, benchmarking and development of enery efficiency strategies for supermarket buildings.
In the project, performance indicators will be defined, which will allow for an evaluation of the energy efficiency of existing single supermarkets, supermarkets within one chain, supermarkets across different chains and even supermarkets in different regions or countries. Benchmarking with the best in the field will create transparancy and enhance the awareness of how to improve operation and look for the most economical way to improve it as well how to look for the most economical way to improve efficiency.
The project is divided into 7 tasks:
- Mapping existing energy systems in supermarkets and collection of monitored data from selected supermarket chains and individual supermarkets.
- Definitions & Inventory of resources and system boundaries
- Suggestions of suitable key performance indicators
- Evaluation of existing monitoring methodology
- Selection and refinement of selected key performance indicators
- Danish Technological Institute
- Danfoss A/S
- Super Køl A/S
The project is funded by EUDP.