Final Animal Welfare
DMRI has comprehensive knowledge and many years of experience in all of these matters.
We provide operator training and have developed a web-based audit system for the continuous monitoring of animal welfare and derived meat quality.
Why should you invest in animal welfare on the day of slaughter?
- It is important to meet the demands from your stakeholders
- Good animal welfare reduces meat quality issues and trimming
- Improving animal welfare means improving the sustainability of your business
We have solutions for improving and documenting animal welfare on the day of slaughter:
- The Welfare and Quality Check (WQC) for uncovering potential focus areas related to animal welfare with recommendations for subsequent improvements
- The WQC app – a tool for efficient auditing and comprehensive monitoring of animal welfare over a period of time
- Education of staff to ensure that livestock are handled in such a manner that encourages a good flow and minimal stress for the animals
Improve animal welfare, improve meat quality, and increase your profit
Scrøder-Petersen, DL (2019) Meatingpoint Magazine issue 24, p:26-27 Good animal handling before slaughter is also good business
1,2 MB pdf
Klaaborg, J., Bonnichsen, R. (2020) Meatingpoint Magazine, issue 34, side 30