Are you an early-stage robotics startup looking for help to turn your ideas into successful business? Apply now to Odense Robotics StartUp Fund, a new foundation that provides funding, mentoring and incubation at the Danish Technological Institute to ambitious robotics and drone startups from Denmark and abroad.
Odense Robotics StartUp Fund was launched late last year and has already attracted a great deal of interest from the robotics and drone startup community. Now the non-profit foundation is on the hunt for promising early-stage robotics and drone startups that can benefit from access to capital, unique sector knowledge and a strong incubation environment.
- It’s not easy starting up in robotics and drones. Even if you’ve got a great idea, you need money, know-how and the right facilities to get started – and that’s exactly what Odense Robotics StartUp Fund offers. The fund is on the lookout now for ambitious early-stage robotics and drone entrepreneurs who fit the bill and are ready to take their idea to the next level, says Troels Oliver Vilms Pedersen, Chief Programme Officer at the Danish Technological Institute, which is home to the Odense Robotics StartUp Fund’s incubator.
Strengthen your startup
The fund offers startups several benefits, all free of charge. The package is designed to support startups in both technical and business development:
- Access founder-friendly capital in the form of a loan that you pay back when you can.
- Strengthen your business strategy so you are ready to pitch to initial customers and investors
- Develop your protype to minimal viable product at the Danish Technological Institute's incubator in Odense, where you get office space, work alongside other startups and access advanced technical equipment.
- Mentoring from leading figures from Denmark’s robotics and drone industry as well as technical experts and business coaches.
- Expand your network in Denmark’s thriving robotics and drone ecosystem, meeting partners, future investors and other startups.
- Retain full ownership of your company and technology.
How to apply
The fund is open to applications on an ongoing basis from robotics and drone startups from Denmark and abroad. Eligible startups are typically 12-24 months before a pre-seed investment and demonstrate high-growth potential within robotics, automation and drones.
- There’s been considerable interest in Odense Robotics StartUp Fund from startups both in Denmark and abroad. Many people have been asking how much funding startups can get, which kind of startups are eligible and what the incubator offers. If you’re interested, then it’s a good idea to check out the website where you can find out more about what the fund can offer to early-stage robotic and drone startups, says Mikkel Christoffersen, CEO at Odense Robotics.
To apply, send a short company description and pitch via the fund’s website, which also explains the application criteria and process.
About Odense Robotics StartUp Fund
Odense Robotics StartUp Fund is a new model for shaping successful robotic startups for generations to come. The independent commercial foundation offers early-stage robotic and drone startups from Denmark and abroad access to founder-friendly investment, cutting-edge know-how from leading robotic business leaders and world-class incubator facilities at the Danish Technological Institute in Odense.
The Fund was established in 2022 with donations from leading figures from Denmark’s robotics industry, large industrial companies and several independent foundations. Returns are reinvested in the non-profit fund, making it a unique sustainable model that aims to bring lasting benefits to startup founders, investors and Denmark’s robotics industry at large.