The decisions to be made prior to extrusion and processing of plastic parts are many. Which possibilities do the technology provide, which materials can be used and which material combinations are a good match? Should you opt for co-extrusion? Should you add fibres or fillers? Can the material be processed in-line and how long must the lifetime of the part be?
The Centre for Plastics Technology has a team of professionals working with development, construction, materials, tools, process optimisation, in-line processing, and rationalisation of product and production.
The Centre for Plastics Technology applies the latest technologies which ensures the optimum course from the development phase with design and selection of materials to approval and start-up of production. Our professional foundation is our strong competencies within commodity and high performance polymer materials.
In connection with quality assurance of the extrusion process, we offer assistance in a wide range of areas from material analysis and testing to failure analysis of the tool and the part. We offer micro CT scanning of parts in relation to quality analysis – a well suited method for identifying possible air inclusions, correct dispersion of fibres, and other defects in the process.
How can the Danish Technological Institute help you?
- consultancy on design in the early stages of development and on optimisation of the process
- consultancy on raw materials for composition of bi/tri components
- consultancy on materials selection and process analysis in connection with quality optimisation
- development and specification of plastic parts and the production process
- pilot production
- assistance with run-in of tools and process lines
- development of in-line or external processing stations
- qualification of part- and process quality
- characterisation and documentation in our extensive laboratory facilities
- PVC or alternatives to PVC and alternatives to phthalates
- courses to be held in your company or at the Danish Technological Institute