Great demands are placed on materials used for medical devices. In addition regulatory authorities place special demands on manufacturers as well as equipment before allowing the marketing of medical devices. We provide manufacturers with the most recent knowledge of the chemical, toxic and biological properties of materials in relation to product development and approval.
How can the Danish Technological Institute help you?
- By working confidentially with product development of medico-products
- Tests and analyses of material properties and functionality
- State-of-the-art examination of biomaterials and processes
- Development of special biocompatible materials and surfaces
- Advising on CE marking and documentation
- Consultancy on and conduction of ageing tests for the assessment of medico-products
- By organising development syndicates for companies and universities
- Controlling harmful bacteria on medical equipment
- Succesful testing of new biometric plastics as substitutes for skin, cartilage and bone