The various surgical masks and face masks look almost identical. There are, however, different types depending on their use.
The models are called Type I, Type II and Type IIR. Although the masks appear to be simple, the requirements of their functional properties are relatively strict.
For the masks to be approved, they must comply with EN standard 14683.
We usually do not test the usability of the masks.
How can the Danish Technological Institute help you?
- Filtration capability of bacteria and viruses using salt aerosol (currently not compliant with EN14683)
- Breathability (Approved by DANAK)
- Liquid splash protection (Approved by DANAK)
- Microbial cleanliness/bioburden (Approved by DANAK)
- Statistical calculation of sampling procedure
- CE marking of medical masks