You have a PRINCE2 Foundation exam and have a good and safe knowledge of the PRINCE2 method. And you have a desire to document your knowledge with the accredited PRINCE2 Practitioner examination.
- You will be trained to demonstrate your knowledge to the Practitioner exam.
- Prepares you for the internationally accredited PRINCE2 Practitioner examination on the second day of the course.
- If you have the right conditions, you will have a high degree of security to pass the exam.
- When the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam is passed, you gain the right to use the designation "Registered PRINCE2 Practitioner".
The formal requirements to participate in the course and sit the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam is that you have passed the PRINCE2 Foundation exam.
However, it is important that you have learned the PRINCE2 method at a Foundation course. This course - PRINCE2 Practitioner exam training - focuses on training in relation to the examination and the examination form.
We therefore recommend that, before starting the course you should have a solid knowledge of the PRINCE2 method:
- have taken your PRINCE2 Foundation exam within the past six months,
- or have taken your PRINCE2 Foundation exam within the last year and during this period have used the method continuously
- You must have read the PRINCE2 manual version 2009!
- PRINCE2 version 2009 was introduced in English in June 2009.
If you have a PRINCE2 Foundation exam version 2005, you must get hold of the PRINCE2 manual in version 2009 and read it before the class. It can be purchased at www.prince2manualer.dk.
If this is not the case, the requirements for your own preparation before the exam training is much larger: You need to prepare extra thoroughly and follow the instructions included in the course material, including thoroughly training your PRINCE2 knowledge and studying the PRINCE2 manual.
If you are uncertain about the recommendations above, please immediately contact our training department so we can advise you.
There are two exam levels of PRINCE2: Foundation and Practitioner.
Compared to the PRINCE2 Foundation you meet the following additional requirements for your PRINCE2 knowledge at Practitioner:
- General: Solid and deep knowledge and understanding of the PRINCE2 method
- Understanding the tailoring of the method to a project and a project environment
- Know and understand the composition of management products
- Deeper understanding of how the themes are applied in practice, including identifying right and wrong use
- Could justify the application of PRINCE2 in specific situations
Practitioner training focuses on the PRINCE2 Practitioner curriculum in relation to the examination, so that you can pass the exam.
- Own preparation before the course: Expect approximately 10-15 timer
- Perhaps, reading the PRINCE2 manual version 2009
- Training day
- PRINCE2 Practitioner exam
- At the course the teacher goes briefly through selected topics and issues where it has been shown that students have difficulties
- Training in the use of PRINCE2 with respect to project-cases as they are seen to Practitioner Exam:
- Examination Technique
You conduct your own individual preparation using our guide in the course material.
We work with the official example exams, so you become familiar with displaying your PRINCE2 knowledge in relation to the examination papers. We work with discussions and review of example examination papers and to some extent with the exchange of experience in applying the method.
Examination and passing
We know from experience that our method gives higher pass rate than average:
- Pass rate of the 5 last courses by us is 92.1%.
- Pass rate average according to APM Group Limited market statistics is 74.9%.
You get your exam results within 24 hours after the exam, as we use electronic marking of your exam. This prevents 4-10 weeks of waiting for the result.
Duration and materials
Course is one training day and half day exam, with own preparation before the course.
You will receive course materials for your preparation about 4 weeks before the course.
You should expect about 10 to 15 hours of preparation, depending on your PRINCE2 Foundation-knowledge.
Course delivery is complete: Binder with student- and exam guidance, examples of exam papers with solutions and explanations as well as examination fee.
Re-registration of the Practitioner exam
Your status as a "Registered Practitioner" expires 3-5 years after your Practitioner exam.
Students who have taken the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam 3-5 years ago, and who want to maintain their status, must follow our Practitioner Re-registration process. Please call us.
Assurance of an accredited exam
EPM Group is an accredited training organization (ATO) approved by the Association of Project Management Group, Ltd. (APMG).
On behalf of Axelos, APMG is responsible for the approval of training providers, including course material, administrative processes, and delivering accredited PRINCE2 exams.
EPM Group’s requirements for trainers are significantly more demanding than the APM Group Ltd.'s Accreditation requirements for trainers. Trainers from the EPM Group have at least 10 years of practical training, consultancy and project management experience and are consistently graded at 4.0 or more on a scale from 0 to 5 by our participants. All our trainers have long experience of teaching in PRINCE2.
Course Concept, pedagogic and approach is based on EPM Group partners' experiences, obtained after they brought PRINCE2 to Denmark in 2002. The training material is our sixth major version.
Other courses and advice from EPM Group, which may be of interest
- PRINCE2 Foundation 3 days, English
- PRINCE2 Foundation 4 days, English
- PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner, 6 days, English
This course is also available in Danish
Approximately 4 weeks own preparation.
The first day of the course at 9:00 to 17:00
2nd day (exam) from 12:00 to 15:30
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. The PRINCE2 Licensed Affiliate logo is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
Do you have any course related questions, please contact
- Stine Krogh Biehe
- Konsulent, Cand.Merc.
- +45 72203063