Project - Bolig+ Søborg
Project start January 2014. Ended in December 2017.
Purpose of project
BOLIG+ is an ambitious project to demonstrate that it is possible to create an energy-neutral, incl. resident’s use of electricity, multi-family house. The project is even more ambitious than the Danish NZEB 2020 class, as the building is going to be built on normal market conditions. Additionally, energy exchanged with the grid must have the same quality; it is thus not allowed to exchange heat with electricity.
The house will be a 5-story building where the production of electricity from solar-cells, beside the buildings own electricity consumption for operating the building, also covers the residents use of electricity and heat. The project will further investigate how the produced PV electricity may be distributed in a fair way among the flats based on the actual consumption (electricity and heat) in the flats compared with the actual PV production. The measurements will further show how much the consumption is out of phase with the production and thus be important input to the development of Smart Grid.
The project is divided into three phases:
- In cooperation with the developer and the project leaders: securing of optimal execuation of the building's measuring systems for the purpose of documenting the energy usage and install extra sensors.
- Evaluation of the ambitions connected to the project. Assessment of structure and whether or not it lives up to the design criteria. Deciding on relevant information to include in project material.
- Dissemination og the experiences from BOLIG+ will be posted on ww. boligplus.org, workshops and in a project guide.
- Danish Technological Institute
- Statens Byggeforskningsinstitut
The project is funded by ELFORSK.