Start date January 1st 2015. Ended in June 2017.
Purpose of project
The project starts with an analysis of the present product and of how to fulfil the goal of the project. This will be carried out in cooperation between the project partners. Each of the following improvements will be simulated in a computer program and the results will be analyzed:
- Use of a new variable speed drive compressor (from SECOP) and use of adaptive control of the compressor and the refrigeration system.
- Use of new glass doors with less “U-value” and other possibilities to reduce the heat flow into the cabinet
- Use of state-of-the-art electronic ventilators and LED-lightning
- Use of an adaptive control to reduce light and ventilation in the cabinet in periods with no sale of drinks
- Other improvements might appear during the project
The goalt is to design, build and test new bottle coolers, which can fulfil the criteria of qualifying the best energy class in the new draft EU energy labelling scheme. The draft scheme requires 30% less energy consumption compared to the present Vestfrost M200 bottle cooler, which is the most energy efficient bottle cooler on the market.
The project is divided into 12 phases:
- Mapping out the existing technology in bottle coolers.
- Creating tools for calculation in order to analyse optimization possibilities.
- Designing of the first prototype of an optimized bottle cooler.
- Building the first prototypes.
- Testing the first prototypes according to an EN ISO 23953 standard in a climate champer at Technological Institute and at Vestfrost solutions.
- Design and building the second generation of prototypes.
- Testing of the second generation prototypes according to an EN ISO 23953 standard in a climate champer at Technological Institute.
- Building "0-series" of 10 new bottle coolers for field testing.
- Purchasing instruments, preparing and calibrating measuring units for field testing. Picking out hosts for field tsting of 10 new and 10 "old" bottle coolers.
- Setting up units for field testing and starting the test.
- Installation of measered data and drawing up test reports after one month, three monts, 6 months, 9 months and 12 months. Analysis of the users behaviour compared to the energy consumption.
- Gathering the measured data. Drawing up a complete report for the project. Arrange a workshop, where the results of the project will be presented and discussed. Draw up a paper for an international refrigeration conference.
- Technological Institute
- Vestfrost Solutions
- Carlsberg Denmark
The project is funded by EUDP.