3 days course
Change Management Foundation - UK
Become better at planning and implementing change and creating value from change initiatives in your organization. The course supports the effective team member and professional involved in organizational change projects.
Take a strong position as effective player in change
Successful change depends on change initiatives that creates outcomes which can be translated into benefits. Change Management can significantly support the realization of these outcomes and benefits. The Change Management Foundation course from APMG ™ provides knowledge and understanding of the disciplines that must be managed to support successful change.
Anyone interested in understanding principles of achieving successful organizational change and team members involved in organizational change, transition, or transformation projects. The Change Management Foundation certificate is a pre-requisite for professionals pursuing the Change Management Practitioner certificate.
- To understand how people react to organizational change and how to help them with the adaption.
- To know how to prepare people for change and support their learning and motivation for change
- To know how to keep stakeholders engaged and motivated while the organization undergoes change
- To Understand the drivers of change and how to define a change vision
- To develop insights into how an organization work, and the importance of understanding organizational culture
- To know about central models and processes of change, including emergent change
- To understand the importance of defined change roles, and how to build and support an effective change team
- To gain knowledge about the stakeholder engagement process and how to develop suitable communications strategies and plans
- To understand the impact of change on organizations and how to build momentum for change and sustain it
- To know the typical reasons for resistance to change and which mechanisms that can increase the level of readiness
- Change and the Individual
- Approaches to learning and development of motivation related to change
- Organization culture and change
- Key roles in organizational change
- Developing a vision
- Stakeholder management
- Communication and engagement
- Change impact on stakeholders
- Supporting change readiness
- The use of teams to support change
- Preparation for Change Management Foundation exam
- Change Management Foundation exam
The course alternates between presentations from the teacher, examples from practice, dialogue, discussions, and case-based exercises which are supported by tools. The course is in English and is based on an English book and English material.
Approximately 3 weeks before the start of the course, you will receive preparation material. We recommend that you set aside approx. 15-20 hours for your preparation. You only need to read parts of the basic book before starting the course.
The course ends with an exam.
Number of questions: 50
Time: 40 minutes duration
Format: Multiple choice and Closed book
25 marks required to pass (out of 50 available) – 50%
Virtual courses do not end with exams. Instead, you will receive a voucher for the web proctored exam via APMG International. You choose your own date, time and place based on the time slots offered by APMG International.
The APMG International Change Management and Swirl Device logo is a trademark of The APM Group Limited, used under permission of The APM Group Limited. All rights reserved.
APMG is a trade mark of the APM Group Limited. All rights reserved.
The courses on this page are offered by Teknologisk Institut, an Accredited Training Organisation of The APM Group Ltd.
Thomas is a senior consultant and has a background as a project manager and change management consultant. Thomas has experience in advising and implementing project- and change management models within both the private and the public sector. With 20 years of teaching experience and a Master of Education, Thomas places great emphasis on organizing and implementing the teaching so that the students experience a good course with great benefits. Thomas is accredited trainer in PRINCE2®, PRINCE2 Agile®, Change Management from APMG™ and SAFe®. He is also certified in MSP®, MoP®, Prosci ADKAR®, as NLP Business Practitioner, Scrum Master and SAFe® Programme Consultant.
Do you have any course related questions, please contact
- Gitte Pedersen
- +45 72201088