Our R&D team is customer-driven and responds to your needs on a timeline that works for you. We are experts in the detection and measurement of microorganisms in environmental, medical and industrial settings and are ready to help with customised solutions - if chemical analyses are also required we can deliver an integrated package together with our chemistry group. DTI's mission is to disseminate research- and technologically-based knowledge and together with academic and industry partners we also participate in publicly-funded R&D projects to this end.
How can the Danish Technological Institute help you?
- Microbiological analyses of environmental, medical and industrial samples
- DNA-based studies of microbial diversity using 16S rRNA or functional genes
- Optimisation of new rapid methods to quantify and identify microorganisms, such as PCR and gene probes
- Culture and bioreactor studies
- Integration of microbiological and chemical analyses
- Outsourcing of work with genetically-modified organisms and “class 2” pathogens
- New DNA methods for tracing the source of drinking water pollution
- Molecular detection of anammox bacteria and ammonia-oxidising bacteria in wastewater treatment plants
- Development of a rapid method to quantify ammonia-oxidising bacteria
- Detection and persistence of fecal Bacteroidales as water quality indicators in unchlorinated drinking water
- Bacterial diversity study applying novel molecular methods on Halfdan produced waters
- Diagnosis of central-venous catheter infections using cultivation dependent and independent techniques