Danish Technological Institute cooperates with the food industry and universities to develop new products and processes as well as to troubleshoot existing products. Through focused research and development projects new generic technologies are build which subsequently are made available to the industry.
If you need consultancy regarding powder stability, drying of ingredients, improving stability or other changes to powder properties or sensitive ingredients – please don’t hesitate to contact us.
What can Danish Technological Institute do for you?
- Surface modifications of powders to achieve faster dissolution, improved dispersion properties etc.
- Protect and stabilise sensitive ingredients in food towards e.g. light or oxidation
- Control release of ingredients to ensure optimal nutritional properties
- Encapsulation of actives compounds in e.g. emulsions or liposomes
- Characterisation of the physical properties ingredients and products
- Produce prototypes of ingredients and food products and evaluate sensory properties and storage stability.
- Spray drying in lab- and pilot scale
- Freeze drying
- Fluidized bed coating and agglomeration of powders
- Encapsulation in emulsions, liposomes, structured particles etc.
- Spray cooling/chilling in lab scale