Previously, project managers and practitioners have been split into two rival camps. One faction believed in practicing plan driven models, and the other faction subscribed exclusively to agile methods.
On this course, we will try to get the best out of the two perspectives and in this way be able to manage projects in a much more dynamic and context-specific way. Through the use of agile methods you will learn how to optimize team performance while at the same time manage the project’s other processes.
All individuals and organizations who are looking for guidance to adapt the PRINCE2 method for agile contexts and in this way establish a holistic approach to managing projects in an agile way. You are probably already working as a project or team manager, working in a PMO function or as a programme manager.
To become a "PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner", it is a prerequisite that you have passed the PRINCE2 Foundation exam, or that you have a PMI (PMP®/CAPM®) or IPMA (A, B, C or D) certification. For further details, see the paragraph Certification below.
On the course we do not spend a lot of time on revising the PRINCE2 method. If your knowledge of PRINCE2 has become “rusty”, this might be a hindrance to you as the course is based on your existing knowledge of PRINCE2.
Therefore, it is required that you have solid PRINCE2 knowledge either from a fairly recent PRINCE2 exam, or that you have used PRINCE2 on a continuous basis. Alternatively, you can update your PRINCE2 knowledge by attending one of our courses.
It is not a requirement that you have knowledge of agile frameworks, methods, behaviours and techniques.
- Agile frameworks, behaviours, and techniques
- How to adapt and make use of PRINCE2 in agile contexts
- How to combine agile development methods with PRINCE2
- How you relate and combine the PRINCE2 principles, processes and themes with agile ways of working
- How to configure PRINCE2 to different contexts and how to make best use of agile frameworks, behaviours, concepts and techniques
- What is PRINCE2 Agile, and how can I make practical use of use it?
- General knowledge of agile concepts
- Tools and techniques used in an agile context
- The PRINCE2 Agile Journey
- How to adapt the PRINCE2 themes and processes to an agile context
- The PRINCE2 Agile Hexagon
- How to apply the six aspects of project performance in an agile setting
- How to prioritize on the basis of the MoSCoW method
- How agile can you be in different project contexts
The course is a three-day course, and it is up to you when you would like to sit the online proctored exam. Once you have passed the exam, you will become a ”PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner”.
You should expect to spend approximately 20 to 30 hours in preparing for the course. This estimate presupposes that your PRINCE2 knowledge is up to date.
How much you should prepare for the course also depends on how much you already know about agile methods. You might like to spend additional time on familiarizing yourself with agile approaches.
When taking part in this course, you will receive:
- The PRINCE2 Agile manual
- A course binder, including slides from the course
- Guidance for your own preparation
- Sample Exams
- A PRINCE2 process diagram
- Access to additional literature on agile methods
- A voucher for the PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner exam
- If you do not pass your exam, you will receive an additional free trial (Take2).
In connection with the course, you will receive a voucher for an online proctored exam, which you take from your own computer at a time that suits you best. If you do not pass your exam, you will receive an additional free trial (Take2).
PeopleCert is responsible for everything related to your exam. These 2 guides (for Windows and MacOs, respectively) guide you through the process of booking your exam and describe the process for taking an Online Proctored Exam (OLP).
- Multiple choice
- 50 questions each worth one mark
- 30 marks or more required to pass out of 50 questions: 60% pass mark
- Two-and-a-half hours’ (150 minutes) duration
- Open book exam. Candidates may use the official PRINCE2 Agile® Manual
Please observe the following requirements in connection with the online proctored exam:
You will receive guidance on how you should personally prepare for the course, including:
- Reading the ”PRINCE2 Agile” manual
- In case you feel a need, familiarizing yourself with agile methods
- Testing your knowledge in official sample exams
On the course, you will both work with practical exercises and receive theoretical knowledge of how to use PRINCE2 in an agile context.
As an accredited training organization (ATO), Teknologisk Institut offers this certification in cooperation with the exam institute PeopleCert, who on behalf of AXELOS are responsible for the approval of teachers, the auditing of administrative processes and the delivery of accredited material and exams.
Do you have any questions please contact
- Pia Mortensen
- +45 72202253