DTI has vast experience with different kinds of filtration technologies (Nano, ultra and microfiltration) for purification of a wide range of compounds. Furthermore, DTI has experience with Expanded Bed Adsorption (EBA) which is especially suitable for extraction of water-soluble proteins and protein fractions.
These purification technologies are especially suitable for the concentration of high-value compounds like sugars or proteins, or for reduction of unwanted components like salts from aqueous side streams. DTI has pilot-scale facilities for testing different kinds of purification and separation technologies and state-of-the-art laboratories for chemical and physical tests.
- Chemical and physical characterisation of aqueous streams in relation to choosing the right purification technology
- Pilot scale testing of filtration- and purification technologies
- Characterisation of the purified product
Pilot scale filtration and purification equipment:
- Pilot scale membrane filtration test setup (test volumes of 5 - 100 L)
- Pilot scale EBA filtration test setup (test volumes up to around 5 L)