Red Hat virtual training is real-time training conducted by instructors through an online environment. Featuring the same industry-respected content as the corresponding classroom-based courses, virtual training provides an ideal combination of flexibility and knowledge transfer in the convenience of your offices or home.
IT professionals across a broad range of disciplines who need to perform essential Linux administration tasks including installation, establishing network connectivity, managing physical storage, and basic security administration.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course; however, previous operating system administration experience will be very beneficial.
- Describe and define open source, Linux distributions, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Log in to a Linux system and run simple commands using the shell.
- Copy, move, create, delete, and organize files from the bash shell prompt.
- Resolve problems by using local help systems..
- Manage text files from command output or in a text editor
- Create, manage, and delete local users and groups, as well as administer local password policies.
- Set Linux file system permissions on files and interpret the security effects of different permission settings.
- Evaluate and control processes running on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux System.
- Control and monitor network services and system daemons using systemd.
- Configure secure command line service on remote systems, using OpenSSH.
- Locate and accurately interpret relevant system log files for troubleshooting purposes.
- Configure network interfaces and settings on Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers.
- Archive and copy files from one system to another.
- Download, install, update, and manage software packages from Red Hat and yum package repositories.
- Access, inspect, and use existing file systems on storage attached to a Linux server.
- Investigate and resolve issues in the web-based management interface, getting support from Red Hat to help solve problems
- Practice and demonstrate the knowledge and skills learned in this course.
Do you have any questions please contact
- Charlotte Heimann
- +45 72203147