DMRI's microbiological and chemical laboratories offer a wide range of analytical methods for meat and processed foods, as well as facilities for documenting essential quality and safety parameters.
DMRI’s laboratories are impartial and independent and are accredited by DANAK in accordance with DS/EN ISO/IEC 17025. The laboratories have many years’ experience in analysing meat and other food products.
How can the Danish Technological Institute help you?
- Fat content and quality (total fat, composition of fatty acids, iodine value, free fatty acids)
- Oxidative status (peroxide value, TBARS, free thiols and volatile decomposition compounds)
- Texture and colour properties (Texture measurement - compression, fracture and pull strength, texture profile analysis, colour measurement – VideometerLab, Minolta)
- Preservatives – documentation of content (nitrite/nitrate, lactate and acetate, salt (NaCl), Na+/ K+)
- Detection and documentation of pathogenic bacteria in relation to regulatory requirements (e.g. Salmonella, Listeria monocytogenes and Yersinia enterocolitica)
- Determination of aerobic, anaerobic and microaerophilic bacteria, yeast and mould
- Identification of lactic acid bacteria and Clostridium botulinum (DGGE and Real Time PCR)Detection of norovirus (Real Time PCR)