PRINCE2 is the most successful Project Management method in the world. In this course and with this certification, you will gain knowledge of an internationally recognized Best Practice method used by companies all over the world. With the PRINCE2 method, you will increase the success rate of your projects and minimize the risk of errors in your projects. The PRINCE2 Foundation will give you a basic knowledge of the method and will prepare you for the exam.
The course is designed for employees that act as project managers, project participants, project support staff, project sponsors or steering committee members. It will be an advantage if you have project experience
BenefitThe purpose of the Foundation-course is to give you:
- A thorough introduction to the PRINCE2 method
- Knowledge of the benefits of method
- In-depth knowledge of Best Practice within project management
- A method and tools that helps you perform PRINCE2 project management
- The necessary knowledge to pass the PRINCE2 Foundation exam.
Course structureThe course contains a kick-off session, a self-study period and 3 virtual course days. Prior to the kick-off you will receive the course material by mail. In the course we will focus on both the theoretical review of the method and the Best Practice experiences in using PRINCE2.
Day 1: Kick-off (2-3 hours)
- Introduction to materials and pre-study assignment
- Introduction to how to prepare yourself for the virtual sessions
- Introduction to the PRINCE2 framework (Principles, Themes and Processes)
- Establishment of self-study teams
Self-study periodThere will be app. 40 hours of own preparation in the self-study period. You will have the opportunity to spar with the trainer and the other course participantsYour preparation in the self-study period:
- Read the PRINCE2 manual and reflect and relate PRINCE2 to your own project work
- Work in virtual study groups
Two sessions to prepare you for the virtual course days (of 2 hours)We will follow you in your self-study period by having 2 virtual session of 1½-2 hours. In the sessions you can ask questions, discuss ambiguities, and get comfortable using the virtual platform. We will also decide the projects that you will work on going further in the course. It is therefore important that you participate in the preparation sessions.
Course days (3 days, kl. 9.30-15)In these days you will receive a full introduction to the PRINCE2 method build together with reflection and related to you own practice. In the virtual room we will have presentations, group work in virtual breakout rooms and discussions in plenum, for us to make room for reflection, learning impact and anchoring.
- Introduction to the PRINCE2 principles
- Thorough presentation of processes and activities
- Thorough presentation and of PRINCE2 themes
Two sessions preparing you for the exam (of 2 hours)After the course we will conduct 2 virtual sessions focusing on how to prepare for the exam. Your trainer will introduce and explain the format of the exam and you will have the opportunity to ask questions and get familiar with the process of the web-proctored exam.
- 2 x virtual sessions, in order for you to ask exam-related questions
- Recap on topics from the course days
- Advice in the online web-proctored exam/certification
Exam/certification (included in the price)Once you have completed the virtual course days, you will receive a voucher for the web-proctored exam. The exam is ordered via PeopleCert and, where you book the date, time, and place for your exam.
Please be aware of the following requirements for a web-proctored exam:
- You need to have a Photo ID (Driver's license, Passport or other ID with photo, date of birth)
- A quit place to sit (no one else enters) and where you have a tidy desk
- External or integrated webcam that can be moved 360 degrees
- A computer with a screen resolution of 1024x768 and a screen size of at least 15 "
- 10Windows 10, 9.1, 8, 9 / MacOS Yosemite (10.10), El Captain (10.11), Sierra (10.12), High Sierra (10.13), Majáve (10.14) or Catalina (10.15)
- Internet connection > = 512/512 kbps (up / down)
- Speakers and microphone
We offer this exam as an accredited training organization (ATO) approved by Peoplecert. On behalf of Axelos, Peoplecert is responsible for the approval of training providers, including course material, administrative processes, and delivering accredited PRINCE2 exams.
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.