Which polymorphs are present in your sample? What is the relative distribution of minerals in a geological sample? How big are the particles in a nanomaterial?
At the Danish Technological Institute we offer analysis on a state-of-the-art X-ray diffractometer. Powder X-ray diffraction provides a wealth of information about your material. The analytical technique is useful in quality control of pharmaceutical powders, investigation of polymorph structures, and identification of impurities in a material. For other industries, analysis of mineral composition or size determination of nanomaterials may be the key information needed to understand problems in processing or development of products.
A classic example of the use of PXRD is to determine polymorphism of a substance. Polymorphism is the propensity of a substance to crystallize into more than one crystal structure. As different polymorphic forms will have different properties, this is of extreme importance in pharmaceutical materials.
Our services include powder diffraction and small angle X-ray scattering analysis for chemistry, material science, and pharmaceutical companies. Our experienced diffraction specialist and multipurpose diffractometer will help provide the knowledge that your company needs.
We can help you with:
- Polymorph analysis, impurity analysis, and QA of pharmaceutical powders
- Size and phase identification of nano crystalline materials
- Phase identification for comparison of different reference materials
- Phase identification, particle size and particle size distribution of cosmetic products
- Powder X-ray diffraction (temperature range 25°C-1200°C)
- X-ray diffraction on solid materials and liquids
- 2-dimensional X-ray diffraction
- Small angle X-ray scattering (SAXS)
- Micro-focus X-ray diffraction
If XRD analysis could be the solution to your needs, please contact our specialist Solveig R. Madsen throught the contact form or at +45 7220 3203