Capex Assessment Plans
DMRI can offer to execute a CAPEX assessment plan – prior to commencing the task of designing, engineering and specifying the new carcass chilling process. An investment in such an installation is costly – no matter if it is an enhancement project, refurbishment or a brand new chilling process. The CAPEX assessment plan will provide a full view of the impact of:
- Infrastructure and logistical changes
- Footprint and building heights
- Needed building clearance and effects for the present production
- Requirements to the refrigeration plant
- Idea for the scope of the entire project
- Need for capital investment
- Derived performance and benefits
The CAPEX assessment plan comprises the following tasks:
- Establish performance brief
- Make process simulations: identify process time and temperatures as well as requirements to the refrigeration plant
- Preparation of a principle layout – sketching of solution, considering space requirement and footprint.
- Discussion and verification of alternatives and selection of the preferred solution that will form basis for the continued design plan.
- Estimate capital expenditures:
- Building structure
- Refrigeration plant
- Conveyor and steel structure
- Sock distribution system
- Verify simulation of the chilling process time
- Considerations for future flexibility
- Estimates of benefits and pro/cons
Once you have the full picture of the scope of the project, and the preferred process alternative is selected, and you are ready to continue the design task – all of the above work can be utilized as basis for the design and engineering task.
The duration of such a task is 2 working weeks: 1 week on-site + 1 week for reporting.