Project start 2014. Completion 2015.
Agriculture provides the industry with numerous biomass-resources for multiple applications such as packaging, car composites, insulation, building materials and lots of other products. Bio-materials and bio-plastics become more and more a part of a sustainable solution in the industry.
Biomass possesses a range of basic components with interesting technical properties which can be used in multiple applications and often substitute unwanted materials being hazardous to health. But there is a need for research and development of
- biodegradable bio polymers, remaining their technical properties while in use and decomposes rapidly afterwards, and
- non biodegradable polymers with improved durability and functionality.
One of AgroTechs core business areas is biomass for bio-energy and bio-material purposes such as bio-composites and building materials.
- AgroTech supports companies in product development with bio-based materials in multiple applications and assists in business and market development.
- Quantitative impact study on biomass resources from the agricultural sector and the aquarious sector.
- Development of business opportunities for the bio-refinery concepts and creating new possibilities for agriculture.
- Completion of tests and demonstrations within agri-technology, biomaterials and bioprocess technology, clean tech, and energy technology, the area of domestic animals and food technology and technology within the greenhouse industry.
- Participating in research and development projects towards new and unknown materials from biomass and conversion of biomass.
Network: AgroTech is partner in the Bio-Plast Randers and the bio-based network published in the International Business Directory for Innovative Bio-based Plastics and Composites (iBIB), coordinated by nova-Institute.