Sales Refrigeration Cabinets - Ready for EU Ecodesign and Energy Labelling
Project started March 1st 2017. Expected to end December 31st 2018.
Purpose of project
The project focuses on strengthening the anchoring of ecodesign and energy labelling regulations at Danish manufacturers of sale refrigeration cabinets and preparing end users to select the best products. The project supports the production and implementation of energy optimized sales refrigeration cabinets, leading to big energy savings.
In 2018, ecodesign and energy labelling regulations will be implemented for sale refrigeration cabinets. The implementation will include the implementation of a minimum energy efficiency demand, as well as a visual indication of the energy efficiency of a product for the end user. Being at the forefront of the implementation of ecodesign and energy labelling regulation through the development of "best-in-class" products is a unique opportunity for Danish producers of sale refrigeration cabinets. An opportunity that in addition to strengthening the Danish production of sales refrigeration cabinets as well as maintaining or even establishing new Danish jobs will lead to significant energy savings. The project will be screening various sales refrigerators and highlighting energy optimization opportunities for the various products. A central element in the project is a combined research process (conducted by DTI) and an optimization process (conducted by Elcold and SECOP) that will result in a reduction in energy consumption of minimum 20%.
The project is divided into 8 phases:
- Starting up the project and mapping out current models of "state-of-the-art" sales refrigeration cabinets.
- Function analysis of and existing refrigeration cabinet from Elcold.
- Evaluation of possibilities for efficiency improvement.
- Construction of first prototype. Elcold will build this on the basis of the findings from phase 3.
- Danish Technological Institute carries through a function analysis of protoype 1 according to a prEN16901 standard in a climate chamber.
- Construction of second prototype. Elcold will build this on the basis of the findings from phase 5.
- Danish Technological Institute carries through a function analysis of protoype 2 according to a prEN16901 standard in a climate chamber.
- Report and dissemination.
- Danish Technological Institute
The project is funded by ELFORSK.