Strontium-containing Thin Film Coatings for Accelerated Osseointegration
Danish Technological Institute is developing a new strontium-containing (Sr) coating for next generation dental implants. Titanium implants functionalized with Sr will reduce the healing time and facilitate accelerated bone ingrowth. The coating is further intended for implants in e.g. orthopedic applications and can be applied on other implant materials such as stainless steel, PEEK and zirconia (ZrO2). Sr-functionalized coatings are deposited by industrial-scale PVD techniques (Physical Vapour Deposition).
The developed coatings have been successfully tested in animal models and have shown significant improvement of bone formation compared to uncoated titanium reference implants.
How can Danish Technological Institute help you?
- Development of new coatings for medico applications
- R&D of novel coatings on industrial-scale equipment
- Production of coatings
- Development projects designed for a specific company or an industrial segment
- R&D projects in consortia involving industrial and university partners
- Extensive experience in applying for R&D funding
- Comprehensive network of national and international partners