With a thorough knowledge of the requirements and extensive technical experience, the Danish Technological Institute has helped a number of companies implement the requirements of 1999/92/EC, i.e. preparing an “Explosion protection document”.
The Directive 1999/92/EC - also known as the ATEX "User Directive" - is intended to protect workers where there is a risk of explosive atmospheres in the form of gas or dust.
The Directive sets specific minimums requirements to the preparation of an Extended Workplace Assessment, sometimes referred to as the Explosion Protection Document, typically covering:
- Mapping of the risk of an explosive atmosphere
- Organizing the work and instruct the employees in the risks that may occur
- Performing ATEX courses for relevant employees
Danish Technological Institute has through many years gained extensive expertise in this field and can offer the following:
- Preparation of Zone classification plan
- Implementation of risk assessment of plants and installation
- Assessment of the applied explosion protection
- Preparation of the extended H&S Assessment
- Determination of Ex-data for gas and dust is offered, e.g.:
- flashpoint/ignition temperature
- upper (UEL) and lower (LEL) explosion level
- Preparation of Ex-maintenance plans
- Training in Ex-safety
- Training of Ex-maintenance staff
- Training in connection with the Ex-protection principles
- Assessment of implement ATEX-repairs and/or renovation
- Sparring in connection with implementation of the requirements
- Implementation of preliminary statutory ATEX inspection
We are happy to help your company find the right solutions, so the ATEX requirements are in place. Please contact us for further information.