EnergyFlexLab offers testing of intelligent components and systems for the future flexible energy system. The energy system of the future will involve a sector coupling between the supply of electricity, heat, gas and water, which is also in focus in the laboratory.
The lab setup is testing hos much flexibility coupled technologies such as solar panels, battery systems, heat pumps and electric car chargers can add to our energy system. Our tests are based on real life scenarios EnergyFlexLab offers testing of intelligent components and systems for the future flexible energy system.
The EnergyFlexLab test environment is a platform supported by smart grid and smart energy system knowledge and linked to a range existing state of the art laboratories:
Laboratories being the backbone
- Battery lab with accredited safety tests, single cell and pack level lifetime test facilities and grid connected Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS)
- Heat Pump labs with testbeds for both small and large heat pumps and thermal storage
- Energy efficiency labs incl. EnergyFlexHouse and EnergyFlexOffice
All in all, an infrastructure that allows any manufacturer of intelligent and embeddable energy components to have testing performed across supply sources such as electricity and heat.
R&D test and demonstration
The EnergyFlexLab supports a wide range of activities such as:
- Flexibility testing of intelligent components e.g. the optimization of simultaneously operated heat pump, PV inverter and EV charger.
- Data harvesting from industrial areas, ports, airports, construction sites etc.
- Data quality check, analyses and visualization.
- Household battery system dynamic testing for annual efficiency, flexibility etc.
- Testing of the ability of intelligent components to be controlled / controlled remotely
- Simulation and models for flexible energy systems to optimize operating economy, combined energy efficiency, climate effect and component life.
- Knowledge and testing that supports integration with cloud- based solutions such as weather services, electricity market etc.