Molycules desolves in polymermaterials and enable movement throught the material, this is called permeabiliy, or gas transmission
How can Danish Technological Institute help you?
- Gas and liquid transmission of polymers and rubbers
- Measurement of equilibrium gas transmission rate through a sample
- Measurements at different temperatures and pressures to get dependence.
- Measurement in real-time of the process starting from when a gas or fluid is applied on the primary side until equilibrium is reached on the secondary side. From this kind of measurements, we can get the diffusivity and solubility of the gas molecules in the polymer.
- We can measure multiple samples simultaneously with different gases/liquids, at identical or different temperatures. We perform measurements adapted to your needs.
- Identification of leak mechanism, if your product leaks, that is the reason. We can identify if the leak is due to a small channel or gas being dissolved in the polymer. We do this by measuring the change in relative concentration of two or more gases going from the pressure side and out.
- Leakage of pressurized equipment.
For the measurement of gas permeability through materials, the following standards, among others, apply; DS/EN ISO 2556, ASTM D1434, ISO 15105-1 for plastic materials and ISO 7229 for plastic or rubber-coated materials. However, the more accurate techniques developed at the Institute may often be applied with advantage. When you contact us, we will together find the solution that best covers your specific needs , within our wide range of options. It may be a standard or a customised test, which we adapt to your application.
We performe measurements on the following gases and liquids:
Nitrous oxide N2O
Carbon dioxide CO2
Propane CH3CH2CH3 = C3H8
Iso-butane and n-Butane C4H10
Dimethyl ether (DME) CH3O-CH3 = C2H6O
Diethyl ether (DEE) CH3CH2OCH2CH3
Hydrogen disulfide (H2S)