The Concrete Centre at Danish Technological Institute is the largest knowledge centre in Denmark for concrete and one of the largest in Europe. At the Concrete Centre, we provide you and your business with assistance to develop and implement the newest concrete technology based on our interdisciplinary team of experts and state-of-the-art knowledge, ranging from individual concrete constituents to hardened products in reinforced structures.
We act as consultants for all parties working with concrete - designers, engineers, craftsmen, contractors, production plants, the prefabricated industry and building owners. We are actively involved in national and international R&D projects, and we have internationally recognized experts within the fields of self-compacting concrete, green concrete, hardening technology, durability of concrete structures, concrete mix design and petrography.
An accredited well-equipped laboratory for all types of tests and measurements related to concrete materials testing and structural testing is available. In addition, we have a number of non-destructive testing equipment for on-site testing, e.g. Georadar, S´mash and Impact Echo. A special facility is the high technology laboratory, where computers and robots make new formwork to realize architects visions, fully automated concrete mixer produces the future concrete material, and where new technologies for 3D printing of constructions are being developed.
Our international activities include:
- Consultancy on large civil structures, e.g. Bhosporus tunnel (Istanbul,TUR), Fehmarn belt fixed Link (DK/GE), and Malmo City tunnel (Malmo,SE)
- Laboratory and field testing, e.g. a mobile laboratory to monitor early age creep and shrinkage
- Sales of software for curing planning and concrete mix design (4C-Temp&Stress and 4C-Packing)
- Sales of equipment for monitoring of rheology for developing and optimizing SCC mix design (4C-Rheometer)
- Training courses in areas such as concrete petrography
- Member of international networks such as the research network for cement NANOCEM, fib and RILEM
- Coordination and participation in European funded research projects such as Light2CAT, TailorCrete, BrigthWall, Marie Curie research training network and LIFE project Biocrete, to mention a few
- European standardization