National metrology laboratories
Danish Technological Institute is recognised for the most profound technical competence in metrology in a number of fields and we are designated national metrology institute in the following fields:
- Contact thermometry
- Water flow including energy flow in water-carrying system
- Anemometry (measurement of air velocity)
- Geometrical measurements
Our national metrology laboratories participate in metrological research and development at a high international level, e.g. through the European metrology research programme EMPIR in order to strengthen our metrological knowledge and our international contacts. We are a member of the metrology association EURAMET and the Danish metrology association DANIAmet.
The national metrology laboratory for water and energy flow has one of the largest accredited measurement ranges in Europe, from 1 µl/h up to 500 m3/h. We also calibrate flow meters on-site with Laser Doppler Velocimetry (LDV).
With regard to geometric measurements our laboratory is equipped with the latest equipment including a CT scanner. In a short period of time we can perform a total comparison with the nominal data from a CAD model – both internally and externally.
Why is it a special advantage for you that our laboratory is a national metrology laboratory?
- We can issue certificates with the CIPM MRA logo documenting traceability at the highest international level.
- You are guaranteed that our laboratories and measurement uncertainties have been assessed by international experts and that we participate in comparisons at the highest level.
- You are provided access to updated international knowledge about the latest progress in metrology.