There has recently been shown a great interest in using straw in biogas production. And with good reason.
There is a very large untapped potential in using straw, which can form part of the production basis for many new biogas plants. The part of the straw's carbon content that is not converted in the plant is included in the soil's carbon pool when the digested manure is used as fertilizer in agriculture. This is a great advantage for the climate and the structure of the soil.
However, straw is not the easiest biomass to use in biogas production. At Danish Technological Institute we have a lot of experience with the challenges it can cause and can therefore advise on the choices needed to be made prior to an investment.
At Danish Technological Institute we sell knowledge on an impartial basis. We do not favor certain solutions or suppliers making sure we always guide you towards the solution that is best for you.
How can Danish Technological Institute help you?
- Consultation on pretreatment and breakdown technics
- Consultation on the optimal plant concept with point of departure in your prerequisites and needs
- Economical assessments
- Consultation on costs using different technologies
- We have the latest knowledge of technology for pretreatment, application, stirring and operation of biogas plants
- We can analyze the potential for biogas in the different biomasses you may wish to use in your biogas plant
- Consultation on nutrient utilization of digested manure
- Consultation on contracts
- Development of equipment for the biogas industry
- We can help with applications and find the right business and development funding
Who do we help?
- Suppliers of straw or crops for biogas
- Suppliers of technology
- Biogas farm plants
- Joint biogas plants
- Local government