Type Examination according to the Machinery Directive - Operating systems according to DS/EN ISO 13849-1
Does the construction or the machine's safety-related operating system have the proper level?
If the security circuit is built up according to the traditional principles, this is no longer given. The old standard DS/EN 954-1 has been replaced by DS/EN ISO 13849-1.
The previously known categories from EN 954-1 have been transferred to the new standard. Here, they are included as a combination together with other parameters that result in a Performance Level.
These changes require a new approach at the construction, and they influence the constructor’s work of interpreting pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical operating systems.
How can the Danish Technological Institute can help you?
- Create an overview of the requirements in the standard and current legislation
- Provide guidance on the construction of security-related operating systems
- Review documentation
- Select security category and Performance Level
- Validate systems
- Calculate levels using PAScal or SISTEMA
- CE mark the entire machine
- Advise in connection with CE marking of machines.
We have many years of experience with CE marking with a thorough knowledge of relevant EU directives, standards and current legislation.
Contact us if you need help with the CE marking, or if you have any questions.