The test facility at Danish Technological Institute for electric motors and drives, Drives-Lab, have been the national reference laboratory for compliancy check testing to European ecodesign regulations for authorities in both Denmark, Sweden, Great Britain, Ireland, Switzerland, and others since 2012.
Drives-Lab at Danish Technological Institute are ongoing takin part in the standardization work under the International Electrotechnical Commission, IEC, in the work of making and maintaining IEC standards for electric motors, drives and combinations hereof since 2014.
Drives-Lab have been an important part of numerous research projects within the Danish R&D programs since 2004.
In short, we perform market surveillance tests for authorities, standardization work, consult costumers, manufactures, authorities and the European Commission in technical matters regarding electric motors and drives.
Specially trained engineers perform all the tests and the fully automated data acquisition software, TI-DOP, provides input to the final reports which is handled, finalized, and then confirmed by second opinion.
As the test facilities are equipped with the latest and most precise power analyzers, torque transducers and other secondary equipment, we can test all types of motors covered in the scope of the current ecodesign regulation in a power range up to 75 kW.
We also test very small motors, one and three-phase, below 0.75 kW which is included in the coming generation of the ecodesign motor regulation which enters into force in the summer of 2021.
For any other special requests, we find a solution.
Our laboratory is accredited by both ILAC, the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation, and DANAK, the Danish Accreditation and Metrology Fund, (ISO 17025:2017) to carry out tests per internationally recognized accreditation standards.
Our experts and specialists have built up an extensive expertise on technologies, standards, market conditions and potentials for electric motors and drives. We offer consultancy and various types of testing including:
- Accredited compliancy check testing to EU No.: 640/2009 – Electric motors (until 06/2021)
- Accredited compliancy check testing to EU No.: 1781/2019 – Electric motors (from 06/2021)
- Accredited testing of electric motors to IEC 60034-2-1
- Accredited testing of drives and drives systems to IEC 61800-9-2
- Accredited efficiency evaluation to IEC 60034-30-1 & evaluation to IEC TS 60034-30-2
- Multiple motors & drives test including:
- IEC 60034-2-3
- AHRI 1210-2011
- CSA 390
- CSA 838
- Laboratory testing of all types of motors and drives to provide full torque/speed diagrams on accredited facilities
- Consultancy on Energy optimization
- R&D project cooperation and partnership
- Prototype testing