The test facility at Danish Technological Institute for fans & components, Fan-Lab, have some of the most advanced test facilities in the world, which enables testing of the characteristics and efficiency of many different fan types. Fan-Lab was the first laboratory in the world to acquire accreditation to test fans according to the ecodesign regulation EU No.: 327/2011.
Fan-Lab have been the national reference laboratory for compliancy test to European regulations for authorities in both Denmark, Sweden, Great Britain, and others since 2012.
Fan-Lab have been an important part of numerous research projects within the Danish R&D programs since 2002 as well as the testing lab for the fan voluntary agreement within Denmark up to the implantation of ecodesign on pumps in Europe.
We perform market surveillance tests for governments, we do product development, research, and development in cooperation with manufactures as well as consulting costumers, manufactures and the European commission.
Specially trained engineers perform all the tests and the fully automated data acquisition software, TI-DOP, provides input to the final reports which is handled, finalized, and then confirmed by second opinion.
Fan-Lab can test multiple fan types within certain restrictions in duct-dimensions, flow, pressure. We are equipped with many different ducts, inlets, and other special equipment.
For special requests, we find a solution.
Our laboratory is accredited by both ILAC, the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation, and DANAK, the Danish Accreditation and Metrology Fund, (ISO 17025:2017) to carry out tests according to internationally recognized accreditation standards.
Our test facility complies with the latest EU regulations and requirements and is accredited to perform compliancy check test to ecodesign regulation EU No.: 327/2011.
Our experts and specialists have built up an extensive expertise on technologies, standards, market conditions and potentials for many different types of fans, and we offer consultancy and various types of testing including:
- Accredited testing according to Ecodesign EU No.: 327/2011 – measurement category A
- Accredited testing according to Ecodesign EU No.: 327/2011 – measurement category B
- Accredited testing according to Ecodesign EU No.: 327/2011 – measurement category C
- Accredited testing according to Ecodesign EU No.: 327/2011 – measurement category D
- Accredited testing according to ISO 5801 – Performance testing using standardized airways.
- Laboratory testing of all types of fans to provide full Q/p diagrams on accredited facilities.
- Consultancy on the development of design and new technology
- Energy optimization
- R&D project cooperation and partnership
- Prototype testing